Congratulations to Heather, the winner of the Christmas Edition Contest! She’ll be receiving:
â€¢ Finding Neverland DVD widescreen edition (region 1)
â€¢ Dark Season DVD fullscreen edition (region 2)
Click the link below to know the answers to the contest questions.
1. What are the complete names of Kate’s children and the exact dates they were born on?
Mia Honey Winslet Threapleton, born October 12, 2000
Joe Alfie Winslet Mendes, born December 22, 2003
2. How many times does Kate sing (not just play the piano) in Sense And Sensibility?
Two: “Weep You No More Sad Fountains” and “The Dreame”
3. What was Kate’s nickname as a child?
4. John Turturro, director of Romance & Cigarettes, chose Kate to be a part of his film after watching one of Kate’s films. Which one?
5. Which film starring Orson Welles did the girls go to see in the theaters in Heavenly Creatures?
The Third Man
6. Kate ad-libbed two important parts of Titanic. One is a disgusting gesture and the other is a heart-breaking line that Rose says to Jack, both happen while the ship is sinking. Which parts am I talking about?
Rose spitting at Cal as well as the line “This is where we first met” during the final sinking
7. The low-budget movie Holy Smoke was filmed in two different countries. Which are they?
India and Australia
8. Which movie does this quote come from? “If I wasn’t such a bad woman on the page, I couldn’t be such a good woman in life.”
9. When Iris is browsing through Amanda’s huge DVD collection in The Holiday, you can see one of Kate’s movies on the shelf. Which is it?
10. Kate loves cooking. What’s her specialty in kitchen?